Monday, November 14, 2011

Lonely Places

This is a random poem I wrote.
Enjoy.

I walk the Lonely Places.

The worlds of emptiness and shadows.

The place in between the center lines on the road.

The attic filled with moldy mystery paperbacks.

Graffiti covered alleyways littered with trash.

An empty stadium, my shoes tapping on the concrete stairs.

The spot beneath frail winter trees under the shadow of the thin branches.

Sitting on the stool at a closed bar, a dusty glass sitting on a coaster.

A dark studio, watching the shadows dance on a blank canvas.

A statue in a square, its stone body slowly crumbling into nothing.

Sitting by the side of a frozen stream, dead leaves covering the icy surface.

A room lit only by a flickering light bulb.

I

Walk

The

Lonely

Places.

I

Am

The

Lord

Of

Lonely

Places.

Cheers Everyone!

nAtHaN

5 comments:

  1. Amazing.
    That is a good poem, Nathan.

    P.S. Why are there two posts of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! I don't know why there were two posts. I deleted one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent....nice imagery....

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are two posts of Nathan's poem because it was so good we had to read it TWICE and the awesomeness couldn't be bundled into one post!
    Hi Nathan!

    ReplyDelete